Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My library books are late

I stop by the local Dekalb library every once in a while. My last trip with Jonah we pick out some really great books including one call "Llama, Llama misses Mama". But of course, today it dawns on me, "I wonder when those library books are due back?" And the due date was two days ago. Oops. So they will really be about a week late b/c I probably won't get back over there until Saturday. I hope the fee is not too steep.

Library books are not the only thing I run late on these days. I'm not sure how I always run behind even when I prepare beforehand. I'll have everything packed up and ready to go for work in the morning and I still run behind. Although, I can say that if Jonah asks for extra hugs before I leave, I definitely stopping to give them. Even if I'm well prepared, I had several of those moments where your about to pull out of the driveway and you remember, "Crap! I left my coffee on the breakfast table." or "I left the birthday gift sitting on the bench". Then it's a mad dash back into the house (usually in heels). I guess my lateness could lend into forgetfulness. A beautiful quality that comes with motherhood.

It is what it is. You know where I'll be on Saturday - turning in my books to the library and checking out new one only for those to be late the next go around.

On another note, here's a picture of McKenna drinking her sweet tea from her kids cup tonight at dinner. By the time we left the restaurant, she had spilled a majority of it down her shirt and pants. Ahhh, refreshing. . .

No comments: