In typically mom fashion, I gave McKenna her "first haircut" at home after bath. I basically cut as much as I could before she took off running. Afterwards, I cried - my little baby is growing up. I did the same thing with Jonah. Then I look at my handy work and decided I should stick with what I know and not try to cut hair.
So about a month later, on a Saturday afternoon, I was pumped up to take McKenna for her first haircut. It was girl's afternoon out. We headed to the cheesy, over priced kid's hair cuttery. Of course, McKenna loved all the cartoon cut outs and toys everywhere. While we were waiting a little boy was just in tears on his mommy's lap. I got nervous that McKenna would follow suit. When it was our turned, I tried to put her in the chair by herself, but that wasn't going to happen. I sat in the chair with her and she was quiet as a mouse.
I asked the "stylist" to give her a pixie cut. You know, short in the back and longer on the top with little bangs. She did as well as she could with McKenna turn her head back and forth, back and forth. In the end, the haircut wasn't great but it was little shorter. And McKenna had her lollipop for being such a good girl (and she didn't have to share it with brother).
1 comment:
That picture of McKenna at the top of this post looks just like James!! They are two cute kids! You have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment