Thursday, October 14, 2010

Halloween (Part 1)

I found this cute rendition of a cat costume in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog. Although it's cute, the price is a bit much for me. So I decide to be creative/crafty and make my own for McKenna. I found directions online for a no-sew tutu. I headed to Hobby Lobby and bought tulle & elastic. Here's the instruction in case anyone wants to give it a try.
1 package of black elastic ($1.99)
1 25yd spool of black tulle ($2.99)
Cut the elastic to the desire waist band size. Cut the tulle in to 14in sections or longer for the tutu. Tie the tulle on the elastic band. (It took a lot of sections to fill the waistband.) And tada, beautiful, inexpensive tutu. My finished touches to the outfit are black legging and a black shirt with some pink converse.

So I tried to put my finished tutu on McKenna and she had nothing to do with it. But Jonah, was more than eager to try it on. This picture might come back to haunt him later in life but it's part of my job as a mom to help with those embarrassing childhood pictures. At least he is trying to look scary in the tutu :)

No comments: