Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year & New Challenge

As a new year approaches, millions of people are trying to decide what their new resolutions or goals are going to be. OK - I know those millions of people are probably all Type A personalities such as I. Anyway, my newest challenge is running a the Georgia Half Marathon in March. I have always love to run but my distance has stayed between 1 mile to 3 miles. So the challenge of running 13.1 miles is exciting & scary. I can't believe that I decided to do this. And to keep to this commitment, I have also challenged myself to raise $900 for The Rally Foundation (rallyfoundation.org). Thanks to some very generous friends and family, I'm already a third of the way to my goal. If you would like to help a good cause and help me to my goal, you can donate at http://www.razoo.com/story/Helpcwillardrun.

As far as my running goals, I have a training schedule. I have hit all of my running goals thus far. I have decided to wake up at 5:45 in the morning to knock out my miles as I don't have the evenings to run. Waking up early has been the biggest challenge for me. I'm definitely not a morning person but I have to admit running 4 miles in a morning is really a great way to start the day. I completed my first 6 mile run this passed Saturday (as you can see in the picture). I'm schedule to run 7 miles this Saturday. Wish me luck!

No comments: