This morning James asked me if I'd like to order an iPad or take the cash. The iPad was suppose to be a Valentine's Day but with the arrival of the newest version, James decided to wait. My response after being asked this question was, "I'd rather take the cash to pay off our $600 water bill". How practical am I?
And yes, our water bill is $600 after we ran the water a full week to fill up our pool. It had to be done. We replaced the pool liner this winter and the water had to be put back. We knew it would be expensive and we were not disappointed.
As much as I would like to have the latest, coolest newest gadget from Apple - do I really need another distracted from the world that moves around me? I already have an iPhone (which has a cracked screen from hitting the pavement). I have an Apple laptop which my company let's me use. I have an Apple Nano stashed away somewhere as well. I really don't NEED another piece of technology. I love Apple products and when I can upgrade my iPhone to a newer version, I will.
Technology is a serious distraction - distracts from work, driving, our family's. We as a society cannot sit in a waiting room without our noses to our phones. There is never a dull moment anymore with our phones, computers,Wii's and whatever. I miss those dull moments. Let me fill those dull moments with life - playing with the kids, taking a walk, dancing in the living room, laughing, talking to one another (in person not texting).
I'm not upset that I decided to be practical this morning. I'll have more fun splashing in the pool this summer with family & friends then I ever will trying to download apps on my iPad.
No comments:
Post a Comment