When we named McKenna we were in the 6th hour of having her in the world before we decided on a name. With so many beautiful girl names, we were undecided until we held her and said the names to her. McKenna just fit her beautiful round face. With Jonah not quite 2 years old yet, it was a difficult name to pronounce perfectly. Therefore it came out "Kimma". And so she was call "Kimma" from that point on. And then it diverged to "Kimme". Then I started to get creative and cutesy - "Kimma Pop", "Kimmie Poo". And I really don't know how I started "Pooka" but that has played into one of her nicknames as well.
Today, I asked McKenna what her name was. (Now, this little 21 month old has a crazy vocabulary and is already forming sentences.) She answered me, "Kimma Pop" with a big smile. Her sweet little nickname has caught on to her as well. I guess we see how far and long the nickname(s) go with her in life. She'll most likely have some new ones designated to her by her "cool friends" when she gets older. Then "Kimma Pop" will just be my little secret memory.
So you may be asking, "What's Jonah's nickname?" Well, it's "J-Bone" and you'll have to wait for James to tell that story.
My little "Kimma Pop"
No comments:
Post a Comment