James put Jonah to bed on Monday night and decided to lay in bed and read his newest book. I had decided to exercise so I headed to the basement for a good hour workout. While James was reading he heard Jonah go into the bathroom then go back to his room. Nothing out of the ordinary until Jonah comes into our bedroom and said he needed to clean his hands. As James turned his attention to Jonah, he noticed that his hands were covered in lotion. And his hands were not the only thing slathered in lotion - he had rubbed it into his hair as well.
Apparently when Jonah had wandered into the bathroom, he had taken the Cetaphil pump bottle of lotion off the counter and took it into his bed. James washed his hands and took him back to bed. He told Jonah that he would have to wash his hair in the morning.
When I was finally ready for bed, I walked into Jonah & McKenna's rooms to make sure they were covered and give them a final kiss. Both were sound asleep. As I walked into my bedroom, James asked me if I had tuck Jonah in. "Of course", I replied. Then he asked if I have noticed his hair. I immediately went back to Jonah's room and saw the clumps of matted hair and I started giggling. I must have giggled for about 5 minutes. I actually giggled so hard that I woke Jonah up and he told me, "Mommy, it's sleepy time".
The next morning I asked Jonah about the lotion. He said, "I was trying to put it on my cheeks but it got in my hair and on my bed. Mommy, we need to wash blankie because it's all over him too. And Daddy says I need to take a shower."
This is definitely a story that will make me smile whenever I recall it. If only I could keep the kids this little when they are so innocent and cute. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture but I did capture in my mind!
No comments:
Post a Comment