Monday, February 7, 2011

No play on a snow day

When I was little the thought of snow would just thrill me. I wanted to stay up all night and witness the first snowflakes. I prayed that school would be canceled but in Georgia it doesn't happen too often. Our recent snow days canceled school for a week and shut down the city. I honestly didn't leave the house for 5 days. Luckily, I hit the grocery store the evening before the snow so there was no shortage of milk or beer.

Going back to childhood memories of snow - I thought my children would be equally thrilled about the beautiful white blanket outside our house. I spent 10 minutes bundling and convincing Jonah & McKenna how much fun snow is. They didn't make it out of the garage. They didn't want to touch it and definitely didn't want to take pictures in it. Our fun "snow day" lasted about 5 minutes and mommy didn't try again to get them out of the house.

So this picture that I'm posting is from our "White Christmas". I'm not sure how I convinced then to stand in the snow for a picture that day. Apparently I didn't have the magic touch this time around.

No comments: