Thursday, January 6, 2011

This too shall pass. . .

Over the passed month, Jonah has been staying up long after we say "goodnight" and tuck him in. He typically stays in his room and plays with his cars or small race track. Sometimes he will call for us and ask for a specific car to be bought to him from the playroom. It's a simple request and we usually oblige instead of making a big ordeal about it. He'll literally stay up until around 10 or 11pm playing, talking to himself or singing songs. Then there will be silence.

As I stated earlier, he doesn't bother us and doesn't fight going to bed. So I have considered this stage shall pass like all the others. Really, what am I going to do? Make him go to bed? How is that possible? And why make a fight or argument about it.

There was a time that he HATED being in the bathtub and getting his hair wash. Were we not suppose to bathe him? No, he got a bath every night and we dealt with the whining and crying. At least this stage doesn't involve ear-piercing crying. I'll take staying up to 11pm any day over that.

McKenna on the other hand goes right to sleep after our kisses goodnight. The small differences between the two are so precious.

No comments: