Needless to say, when you train for an event like a 1/2 marathon there are bond to be aches and pains along the way. Before starting my training, I had been working through a tight IT band on my right leg. I got that under control. Then I developed blisters on the top of my second toes on both feet. Better socks and some body glide made that a non-issue. Of course, there are the obviously endurance & energy walls that get thrown up along the way as well.
There are always challenges and set backs with any goal. This has been my mantra over the last two weeks. I'm currently wrestling a IT band issue on my left leg which has cause pain in my left knee. I'm currently back in my therapist's care and I'm taking small strides to get back my mileage.
It was really tough to take a break from training. I learned to love the early morning runs and the time to myself to think about "stuff". I'm still waking up earlier to strength train but it's not the same. The worse part is the mental picture of not being able to run the whole race. I'm trying to suppress that thought as much as I can because I still have time to work this out.
I'm committed to this race and to running. I'm definitely learning my lessons through each challenge that I face. No goal worth pursuing is going to come easy. The process for achieving any goal keeps you humble, thankful, creative and motivated. And if you know me, you know I love "the process."

No comments:
Post a Comment