Monday, February 20, 2012

Lots of artwork so little room

Once kids get into school, the artwork that is sent home with them starts to pile up. Being an artist, I have an infinity to keep everything that Jonah & McKenna create. Being a organized people, I have to struggle with how much I keep and where to store it. I have found some really great ideas on the internet and as I have been learning more about EverNote.

So here's how I capture all the wonderful artwork and still keep sanity and organization to the house.
 
1. I borrowed a fun tip from a colleague - I tape up my favorites of their artwork to the back of cabinet doors. It brights the insides of my cabinets and makes me smile each time I open the doors.

2. I take pictures of the kids holding their artwork. (See pictures with this blog.) This serves two purposes - I get to capture the artwork and I have a catalog of how they are growing.

3. I take a picture of just the artwork. I will eventually create a photo album of all of their artwork. Someday they will able to look back through their book and see how their creativity came alive.

4. Using Evernote, you are also able to store your pictures in a digital notebook. This works well if you are super tech savvy and want everything digital. I'm not going this route but I love the concept.

Those are my tips for saving memories and cutting clutter. What are yours?

No comments: