Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Journaling & Memories

I have always keep a journal. When I was young it was definitely a diary and would probably make me laugh out loud if I read through some of them today. Later in college it because a sketchbook / journal. I keep everything in my sketchbooks - potential works of art with lots of words describing my thoughts and feelings at the time. The journal became a work of art in itself. Currently, my media for journal keeping is a blog. The topics revolve around my family and our adventures which is satisfy but I long for the journal topics that I would explore daily.

This longing has lead me to pick a book that I put down years ago - "Keeping a journal you love" by Sheila Bender. I was perusing the book tonight to see where I had left off. I found a note that was bookmarking the page I stopped at.

A hidden and timely treasure - The note was from James on our 5th year wedding anniversary. One - I cannot believe that I haven't touched the book in 5 years. And two - James and I celebrated our 10th anniversary a week ago. It's bizarre that I would start to think about this book and pick it almost 5 years to the date. I'm going to take this as a hint and pick my journal back up.

And, in case you were wondering, James and I had a wonderful 10th anniversary. The 10th have definitely flown by and I couldn't imagine spending it with anyone else. I'm thrilled to have this special person in my life everyday.

No comments: