This school year was a special one as McKenna is now attending Kingswood with Jonah. Her first day was surprising yet at the same time not surprising. She ran into her classroom and immediately started playing with the baby dolls. We had to asked for a hug & kiss good-bye. She has such an independent spirit.
Jonah was also surprising this year. He had no trouble to accumulating with his classroom. We had no tears from him on the first day either. He gave me three big hugs and he was off. And he talks about going to school everyday even whats to go on the weekend.
As for me, my first day of school went without tears as well. I did notice a mom walking out of the school as we came in and her eyes soaked with tears. I gave her an encouraging smile because I was that mom last year. After I left the school and headed to work, I have the wave of emotion that my babies are growing up faster then I want them to. I love that they are finding new ways of independence but how will I adjust?
No comments:
Post a Comment