- I'm non-reactive when I need to be reactive and vice versa.
- I yell
- I threaten
- I have occasionally spanked
- I have the "mom does not think that's funny look" down pat
Another moment happened last night at dinner time. This moment is probably somewhere between good & bad. We had finished dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. McKenna has eaten nothing for dinner and insisted she wanted candy. My answer was "no" and as we walked through the parking lot she threw an awful tantrum - screaming and flailing arms. As I juggled a purse, to go box, and 2 to-go cups - I scooped her up and took her to the car, screaming the whole way. I put her down next to the car as a fumbled with finding the keys - she's still screaming but now louder. James puts Jonah in the car and I try to pick up McKenna and you does not want to be touched and gets even louder. I scoop her body up and place her in the car and try to get her bucket. At this point, I'm laughing and I look at James and he's laughing. I can't stop laughing and I realize we have put on a show for the entire patio at the restaurant. Mom of the year!
To conclude, parenting is not glamorous or perfect. I'm reminded of this everyday. Parents are typically just trying to survive day to day. When I see another mom have a "bad mom moment", I try to give an encouraging smile. Luckily, the good moments out weigh the bad and my kids are typically super precious. And I'm sure I'll have plenty of more bad mom moments :)
My loves. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment