Sunday, December 5, 2010

Got it together

I normally don't prepare for the next day the night before. You would like I would because I have a knack for organizing. But I don't and that usually has me rushing around Monday - trying to get dressed, get the kids dress, make sure my laptop is actually in the laptop bag, finding shoes, making sure my outfit actually matches, untangling earrings that I have thrown in a pile the night before, trying to make breakfast so I can eat it in the car. Whew, Monday mornings are hectic for me :)

Well, not this Monday (tomorrow)! I have totally prepared myself. We have a community service day at work so I need to leave the house by 8am NO LATER. So I have - picked out all the layers I'm going to need to keep warm, found my crappy work sweater in case I'm on painting duty, pulled my gloves and hat from the back of the closet, made Jonah's lunch, prepped sippy cups, pulled the bowls and oatmeal for the kids breakfast, put all the stuff I need to take with me tomorrow on the bench by the door, pan of water ready to make my eggs in the morning, thermos ready for my delicious hot tea with honey.

I'm so ready for Monday! I'll let you know how this works out and how long it lasts.

1 comment:

casey said...

Sounds great! I could get up at 5 am and still rush out the door forgetting something at 7:30! It is a working mom thing! You are great at it all!